View Single Post
Old Mon Mar 02, 2015, 04:33pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ballgame99 View Post
He may have clamped down on the arm, but the fact that the defender's arm is there on an active ball handler is foul isn't it?
Sure the arm may have been out there, but that doesn't give the opponent carte blanche to clamp that arm. If they showed a baseline camera, I wouldn't be surprised if the clamp occurred before there was contact by the defender. And if there was contact by the defender, it was marginal at best.

The tell tell sign that me that the offensive player is attempting to clamp in order to draw a foul is after the two initially separated...and he searches out the defender again clamps his arm and pull him in again in an attempt to draw a foul again.

I actually would have liked a travel call on the play.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich View Post
LeBron's arm didn't get there on its own. Stick a hand in the cookie jar, and...
I'll have to look for exactly where I read/heard this, but one of the things mentioned as a "fool the referee" action at this level is when a player pretends to be held when he is the actual one doing the holding.

Was the defender's arm out there? Sure...and if offensive player does a rip through move, then the defender is probably going to foul. But it would be a foul on the defender because the offensive player did a legal move. Clamping an arm is not a legal move.
Chaos isn't a pit. Chaos is a ladder. Many who try to climb it fail and never get to try again. The fall breaks them. And some, given a chance to climb, they refuse. They cling to the realm, or the gods, or love. Illusions.

Only the ladder is real. The climb is all there is.