Thread: Legal or no?
View Single Post
Old Sat Feb 28, 2015, 12:51am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by VaTerp View Post
Where you at my game tonight? Seriously...do you live in the DC area?

I had this exact play with one key additional detail. The visitors inbounded the ball and the player and coach both signaled for the timeout. The player was standing on the court with the ball in his hand and signaling timeout and it was reported at the table that the time out was called by blue #24.

I told the player he had a spot throw in before administering and he then proceeded to pass it to his teamate out of bounds. It took me a second to process it but it was a clear violation.

Coach got animated for a second and wanted an explanation, but after talking to me for a quick second, one of my partners reminded the coach that the timeout was granted when his player was standing a good 5-6 ft onto the court and signaling timeout above his head. Coach's response....."oh yeah."
I was at your game! I must have missed the inbound after the made basket. I didn't think it was a spot throw-in. And, yeh, the whistle wasn't on the first pass, but the second pass, so I was like, what's wrong with that? Good call.