View Single Post
Old Sun Feb 22, 2015, 04:59pm
Esteemed Forum Member

Let's Go To The Videotape ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BryanV21 View Post
The referee is treated no differently than the floor at that spot. And since the ball has to touch a player from team A in order to get FC status, then no violation.
4-4-2,3,4:

A ball which is in contact with a player or with the court is in the
frontcourt if neither the ball nor the player is touching the backcourt.

A ball which is in flight retains the same location as when it was last
in contact with a player or the court.

A ball which touches a player or an official is the same as the ball
touching the floor at that individual’s location.

Also:

The four elements for having a backcourt violation are: there must be team control (and initial player control
when coming from a throw-in); the ball must have achieved frontcourt status; the team in team control must
be the last to touch the ball before it goes into the backcourt; that same team must be the first to touch after
the ball has been in the backcourt.

So, if I'm in the backcourt, holding the ball, having not yet not yet starting a dribble, and I throw the ball into the frontcourt, and backspin the ball in such a way that it bounces in the frontcourt and comes back to me, while I'm still in the backcourt, and I catch it, that's legal? That smells "fishy" to me, and it's not just in the state of Denmark.
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)

Last edited by BillyMac; Sun Feb 22, 2015 at 05:07pm.