View Single Post
Old Sat Feb 21, 2015, 10:11am
Courageous When Prudent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nevadaref View Post
That was wrong then and it would be wrong now. Personally, I don't have any stories to match yours. Hopefully that is because our society has progressed during my lifetime. I can tell you that my mother was prevented from certain things while in the US Air Force simply because of being female. That seems somewhat similar to what you unfortunately had to experience...
In 1968 Blacks were institutionally and legally treated as less than human in many parts of this nation. Were Blacks only supposed to engage in warm and cuddly forms of protests? Do you have any idea what types humiliation Carlos and Lewis suffered in their lives that led to that display at the Olympics? You are comparing their experiences and message to those kids from this article? Seriously?

And your mother being prevented from doing a few things is different than 17 states telling the Air Force that my father's interracial marriage and biracial child were legally unwelcome from being stationed within their borders. What form of protest is acceptable to you under those conditions?

Last edited by Raymond; Sat Feb 21, 2015 at 10:40am.