View Single Post
Old Wed Feb 18, 2015, 12:14pm
This IS My Social Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by ballgame99 View Post
You've got two conference rivals that play what I will call 'smashmouth' (aka ugly)basketball playing each other. Lots of pressing, tight on ball defense, lots of hands, out of control drives, physical rebounding, etc. Mix in a couple coaches that complain about every call/non-call and you have the makings of a total trainwreck. I lived this nightmare last night. 3 man crew called 50+ fouls, fouled 4 players out, both coaches were told to control their benches and themselves (no Ts were given). After a very easy foul call one HC is giving me a hard time, I tell him "I'm just calling what I see coach, and mostly what I'm seeing is a total trainwreck"

Question: is there ANYTHING that we can do to reign in a wreck like this from the jump?
True or False: To an extent, you and your partners are in the behavior modification business. And you've been given the tools to provide that service. Did you enter the game ready and willing to use those tools?

It sounds like you regret calling that many fouls. Really? That perspective, I suggest, might be a contributing cause to frustration over a game many of us would love to be assigned to.

You used one of the tools available to you and they didn't get the message. So what? No skin off your nose.

I'll let others respond beyond those two preliminary thoughts.