View Single Post
Old Wed Feb 18, 2015, 10:09am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremy341a View Post
I am asking this as an honest question and not as a way of validating what I did. Why is the forfeit such a terrible option? Why do we need to play the last few seconds. We have had a Coach tossed (a rarity here), a player tossed (a rarity here), players clapping and gesturing sarcastically ( i left this out originally as I forgot it until I watched the tape), and now an assistant coach who won't sit and it very loudly complaining from 20 feet while standing near half court? What point would you draw the line? What if the assistant gets two and tossed, do we give the third guy a chance, and if he acts the same?
For one, in a real (scholastic) game you didn't go to all the steps you could have...the forfeit is a last ditch...nuclear option and you went to it wayyyy too early. Second, it's easier to defend handing out T for behavior that you describe rather than going straight to a forfeit.

Why didn't you address the assistant first before giving him an ultimatum? Why didn't you just assess him a T? If the bench was being an issue, why didn't you direct the former/current head coach to address that? If he didn't do that, why didn't you pick out a single offender or assess a tech to the team if it was a collective effort?

As the kids are saying now...you went 0 to 100...too quick.
Chaos isn't a pit. Chaos is a ladder. Many who try to climb it fail and never get to try again. The fall breaks them. And some, given a chance to climb, they refuse. They cling to the realm, or the gods, or love. Illusions.

Only the ladder is real. The climb is all there is.