View Single Post
Old Tue Feb 17, 2015, 10:37am
Often wrong never n doubt

Thoughts on forfeit?

Under a minute remaining in the 4th. H is up 6. V Coach ends up with the ball after a foul called on his player on a play in which she stole the ball. After my partner reports the foul he turns and asks the Coach for the ball. The Coach is very loudly complaining while holding the ball. After asking a second time the Coach throws him the ball very hard. My partner issues a Technical foul. The Coach continues to complain that he just passed him the ball like asked. I walk over and replace my partner. In which time the Coach keeps loudly complaining and gesturing with a final that's ridiculous thrown in. I issue a second technical foul and turn to walk away. It was approximately 25 seconds between technicals without a stop in complaining or him sitting. Is this too quick?
While walking away the Coach yells and you're the guy I banned from calling any of our games so you got the opportunity to do it again. While shooting the six free throws the Coach makes his way to the locker room. On the next throw in a V player commits a common foul and then shoves the H player. My partner whistles her for a common foul and a Flagrant T. While shooting the first two free throws the assistant V coach is complaining to my partner while pacing and gesturing with his arms. After the first two free throws I replace my partner and tell him that I'm thinking of a forfeit if the assistant Coach will not comply. My partner says that is fine with him. I approach the assistant coach and tell him if he doesn't sit and stop complaining he will forfeit the game. His reply was "go ahead then." At this point we ruled the game a forfeit.
Thoughts on this? Was this too early to rule a forfeit? Should we have continued the game?

Last edited by jeremy341a; Tue Feb 17, 2015 at 10:50am.