Thread: Reference help
View Single Post
Old Thu Feb 12, 2015, 04:52pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklahoma official View Post
Baseline throw-in on offensive end, when offensive players line up perpendicular, I know defensive players do not have to be allowed between the offensive players, but where in the book (NFHS) does it reference it or in the case book? I also know that when the offense lines up within 3 feet of end line, shoulder to shoulder, the defense can ask and be allowed to be between the offensive players, if they are more than 3 feet from the end line, you don't have to allow it. But I need a reference for the perpendicular line up,
I didn't read all of your question. Sorry. The general rule (in Rule 4 guarding section) says each player is entitled to his spot on the floor provided he gets there first without contacting someone illegally. you won't see the word perpendicular in the rules. If my two players get to the spot in front of the rim before yours legally they get those spots. your player isn't entitled to force his way in.

Exceptions to the general rule are if players are lined up within 3 feet and parallel…or around the circle during jump. players have to be let in then.

Last edited by BigCat; Thu Feb 12, 2015 at 04:59pm.