View Single Post
Old Tue Jul 15, 2003, 05:46pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to Tim Roden
Quote:
Originally posted by rainmaker
Quote:
Originally posted by Tim Roden
...ball side area, is a no brainer but it is nice to have it written out.
Okay, you've been doing it for a while, but we haven't, so it feels awkward and uncomfortable. I was trying to make a go of it at the various camps I've been at ( the 2-person ones) and it leaves me with a lot of questions. What the lead should do when the ball drops down below the arc makes sense. But what does Trail do? I'm assuming Trail picks up anyone who is below the arc on the far side, but that doesn't seem like a very good arrangement. I can't see that anyone is going to have a good angle on a low post match-up on the far block. And if someone is planning to cut into the key from the far side, and a defender steps in too late, or was it too late, who knows? So I gues the T should move a little, but where to? If trail steps toward the top of the key, who sees the 3-point shot in the low ball-side corner?

And then, of course, there's always the question of who sees any action on the far oob play...
IAABO's website had a great "You make the call" setup a few years ago with this senerio. So when L goes ball side, trail goes above the key. Think of it as three man without a C. T has any action outside of the three point line such as shots. He is also resposible for week side rebounds. When the ball is quickly thrown around the parimiter and out of bounds on the week side, the L has to blow the whistle but should ask T for assistance on who gets posession.

Remember that before you go ballside, the ball and post play should be on that side of the court.