View Single Post
Old Thu Dec 28, 2000, 02:10am
Do not give a damn!!

Lightbulb Re: End of Game Mechanics

I really do not see your point. Why would you want to stick around? Especially in basketball, you might have a couple thousand people angry with you. You want to stick around so they can confront you or attack you? I know in football we do not stick around very long, many times we run off the field in that sport too. It is much easier to get into some kind of confrontation when you are getting off the court slowly. The point is, do not give them a chance.

Quote:
Originally posted by Peter Devana
Hey guys,
I never thought you ever had to sign the book in NCAA rules. What's the point of signing anything prior to the contest?- In FIBA your signature approved the final score and the game was not officially over until the ref signed it -The point I tried to make is that I can't see why the officials have to run off as soon as the buzzer sounds-I think the should leave in the same way as they arrived -Together and in a Dignified manner. I have seen D1 officials run off in three different directions following a game and it really makes them look like they are not too happy with how they performed and they better get while the getting is good. Do they really think they have done that poorly in EVERY game?? Are the officials instructed to run off in other sports??-I have officiated half a dozen different sports and cannot recall this ever happening Except in Basketball and only in the past 10 years.
In my opinion it makes the officials appear weak.
Pistol