View Single Post
Old Thu Jan 29, 2015, 10:24am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich View Post
Here's the problem with 2 arms in the air marking a 3:

Are both officials taking that jump-shooter back to the floor?

An arm up tells me that official is responsible for the shooter up and down and I can focus on rebounding action. If they're both going up, who's watching rebounding? The L?

If both go up, the C should drop it and readjust his focus. Pregame this.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich View Post
If it's in the gray area between coverages, I get it. Most of us can mark a 3-pointer without actually staring at the shooter. But the crew needs to have some way of saying to each other, "I got the shooter....go do something else."

When I'm the C, I tend to give the T first crack at putting the arm up...but if he doesn't and the shooter's obviously behind the line...I'll put mine up and then I have to take the shooter back to the floor.

As the C, I think too many of us are in a hurry to mark 3s and in a hurry to start closely guarded counts. Let the trail take ALL of those in a gray area close to the 60/40 line. The C is much more useful as an off-ball official.
I can't like these two posts enough. If two guys are marking a three point try (Whether 2 or 3-whistle), someone isn't watching a lot of other things going on.