View Single Post
Old Wed Jan 28, 2015, 10:44am
Get away from me, Steve.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad Zebra View Post
When the play started, Lead was past the edge of the opposite lane line. As the block occurs, he has traveled to the edge of the lane "pinching the paint" and more or less standing under the action. I contend that the C has a better view as he is (assumed to be) stationary looking into the play. The lead is moving as he makes the call....at least that's my analysis of the video. If you disagree that it's a reach, fine. Bottom line...there's no foul there.
I'm just trying to lay to rest the notion that this is reaching across the paint.

Reaching across means that the L is making a call outside the paint on the other side -- across 2 lines. In the lane, the L is primary. Doesn't mean the T/C stop working and get what's evident from their positions.

I'm not bothered by the L's positioning. He's moving, sure, but not exactly running in transition. He's closed down when the "foul" occurs -- he might have a better look being a step wider, actually.

The best part of 3-person is that you can trust the C/T to get the ones from behind if you don't get a great look, rather than guess through bodies. When my T/C come in with a foul, I always think (1) thank you and (2) could I have done something differently to get that one myself?