View Single Post
Old Mon Jan 26, 2015, 11:51am
Keeper of the HAMMER

Quote:
Originally Posted by buffafox View Post
I had a situation like this where I gave the coach the benefit of the doubt. If i see a coach that I officiated before, I will always say it's nice to see you again and it seems to lighten the mood. However, my partner, who is a really nice guy, was having some difficulty making and defending his calls. Even I was surprised by some of them.

This coach started getting really upset and in order to try and diffuse the situation, I would force switches and worked on calming him down. Well, eventually I had to give him a warning. He was cussing and calling my partner every name in the book. I could have T'd him up right there but I held off.

My partner made another call and this coach walked on the floor. I knew my partner was going to T him up. He called it, and I immediately gave him the ball to administer the technical and I went to this coach and told him I warned him. He was still yelling at me and my partner for the next game said for me to toss him, which I didn't.

I don't regret not calling a technical or tossing him. I was actually praised by my elevator who I didn't know was there in how I handled the situation. I feel bad that i didn't defend my partner more but I made sure I supported him, even if there were some bad calls.
The coach was cursing your partner out, in your ear, and you didn't call the T?

OK