View Single Post
Old Mon Jul 14, 2003, 12:53pm
Official Forum Member

Rebuttal

Ok, I used the "offended" term, because I am a basketball official, and just thought that it makes umpires in general, and in fact, any official in any sport, just not look very professional. Especially for a group that seems to really pride themselves on how professional they are, and how they try to do the best job they can.

Last week I posted a message on here, about how people in our state are complaining about how bad the umpires are, and I got very "offended" by the parent that posted it on a website that all the kids go to and see. The tournament director from the tournament that she was complaining about jumped on there and posted that if there is ever anything that we see that we don't agree to, that we are always welcome to talk to the tournament director or the head umpire at the particular tournament, so that's why I did what I did.

My issue with the safety is partly for his protection, but also with the all the kids on the field that might have to witness a grown man choking to death on a lollipop!

So maybe it wasn't my place, but we had been invited to provide feedback, so I did. Rather than have people talk about it behind my back, I would want to know.