View Single Post
Old Mon Jan 19, 2015, 01:25am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nevadaref View Post
Had that occur on Wednesday. While watching the warmup period count down the final minute was in full seconds without a display of tenths. When I inquired about it, the coach let us know that he selected "yes" for the tenths in the program and even reset the box and did it again, but it still wouldn't show.
Skip the next paragraph to avoid the backstory.

I have encountered this problem as both a student when I was playing and now as a scorekeeper or timer. I don't officiate but try to not be the ignorant person that most people seem to enjoy being when it comes to the rules, but I see a topic mentioned here I can help with. I noticed most (though there are probably plenty that are not) of these issues were using this controller, including the one at my school. So I went online and found the manual. I believe you can have the same problem on newer Fair-Play controllers, but the source of the problem is the same: people do not realize their scoreboard has a "jumping clock."

All of that backstop to say, people see the question "Jumping clock?" while programming the controller and think it doesn't sound like they have it and so they answer no. A jumping clock in scoreboard jargon is that the seconds "jump" to the minutes and the tenths appear in the seconds. So in the future you can also suggest they make sure the "jumping clock" is enabled.