View Single Post
Old Sat Jan 10, 2015, 08:36pm
In Time Out

I always like when the PGs take the ball up the court because they know that you pretty much go up the middle. I had an awkward play today when this PF stole the ball. I'm the lead and I'm back and watching these post player jostle a bit for position, but then the PF goes from the middle away from the trail to my lead side on the sideline. I have to move over and watch the sideline and the trail is far away from the play. It happened so quick, any PG worth his grain of salt would never do that. So the PF is getting trapped on the side just outside the FT line extended three point area. Those plays can be tough to ref. Trail is watching the ball but then I start to take it as it drops and I have to hustle over to see the sideline. But it leaves this big blind spot for the rest of the court. If there had been a call from the trail it would have meant he called it from a good distance away. Two defenders doing the trap, the one on top I don't really have an angle for.
But in the end it worked out...for the defense. They stole the ball right in front off the offensive team's coach who didn't say anything and nothing off-ball happened.

Last edited by mutantducky; Sat Jan 10, 2015 at 08:41pm.