View Single Post
Old Thu Jul 10, 2003, 06:40pm
Official Forum Member

Talking

This happened a couple of years ago. Texas High School 4A Baseball, visiting team ahead 3-1 6th inning. The whole game visiting team catcher would set-up on the outside corner when the pitch came he would reach out a few inches and catch the pitch. Ball: all of the fans wanted a strike called. Every time he did this I'd call the pitch a ball and the fans started the HOMER chant. After the top of the 6th the visiting coach approached me and I assumed he was going to give me line-up changes. He asked "Don't you hate these fans! I have the worse fans in the state, I think you're calling a great game you can call for me anytime." I laughed and said "The funny thing is I am from XXXXXXX." (A town that is an arch rival of the home team) The coach knew of the rivalry (as does everyone in the state)and started laughing. He then walked over to the backstop where his fans were and told them "you guys are so f@#%$#g stupid that ump you call homer is from XXXXXXX." Didn't hear another word the rest of the game the fans!