View Single Post
Old Thu Jan 01, 2015, 02:23pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mutantducky View Post

I don't always go by the rulebook if a situation doesn't call for it. (Of course 99.9% of the times you should!!!) I had one of my first blarge calls earlier this season, and just called both coaches over who saw that the play could have gone either way. The game was running well and we just told them instead of working that out we will just say two( ha) inadvertent whistles and did POI. Both coaches were good with it as both wanted to avoid fouls on their key players involved in the play. Quick clear-up and things worked out well after. Yes, normally I would call it by the book here, but this was a game with good coaches and players where it could have been avoided without the blarge mess.
What in the actual ****?

There is so much wrong here. The only thing I'll say is officiate as if every game of yours is being recorded and could end up on YouTube. Do you want to be seen on tape misapplying a rule? You (and your partner) have already screwed up mechanically...don't **** it up even more with a rules misapplication.
Chaos isn't a pit. Chaos is a ladder. Many who try to climb it fail and never get to try again. The fall breaks them. And some, given a chance to climb, they refuse. They cling to the realm, or the gods, or love. Illusions.

Only the ladder is real. The climb is all there is.