Thread: team technical
View Single Post
Old Wed Dec 31, 2014, 02:54pm
Official Forum Member

OK from a scorekeeper's perspective-

In A-wow what was this scorer doing during warm up? That's scoring 101 and obviously this person failed.How do you allow a team to just put the starters numbers in there?

First thing I do in any sub-varsity game where I might not get the book till the start of the warm-up clock is get the visitor's uniform numbers.I'll usually ask the visiting coach (my lower level coaches already have their sides filled out) to fill out his/her own side of the book in numerical order and mark their starters.If they have a scorer traveling with them (a rarity here) I'll ask them to do that.

At the varsity level I have sheets with me containing the league's rosters.At half of the JV boys game I'll walk over to the visiting varsity girls coach with their sheet "Coach please verify the numbers on this list are accurate and make any corrections as needed-thank you."Same thing at half of varsity girls with the boys coach.

In B-correct me if I'm wrong but this is penalized when discovered right? If so this should've been a technical foul to team B.I had this happen in a JV game shortly before Christmas.Kid from the home team had one jersey number on the sheet given to the table,entered the game and promptly hit a 3,timeout was called by visiting coach-we bring the officials over and explain the situation.Tech was issued.
The golfing volleyball ref and official scorekeeper