View Single Post
Old Fri Dec 19, 2014, 03:09pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nevadaref View Post
Anyone else notice this new case play ruling?

4.14.1 SITUATION D: A1 is fouled by B1 while Team A is in double bonus. In frustration A1 pushes B1 after the ball becomes dead. A1 is assessed a technical foul. A1 successfully makes both free throws for the personal foul assessed to B1. B3 is ready to attempt the free throw for the technical foul by A1. The official scorer notifies the officials that the technical foul on A1 was his/her fifth. RULING: Officials notify the Team A coach and A1 of the disqualification and allow a substitute for A1. A correctable error has occurred by allowing the wrong player (A1) to attempt the free throws for the personal foul and has been discovered within the timeframe to correct. The free throws by A1 are cancelled and A1’s substitute shall attempt the free throws for the personal foul against A1 followed by the attempts by Team B for the technical foul. (2-10-1c, 4-14-1)
yes, player in game is still a player...even if he shouldnt be...not correctable error. i thought i saw a correction come through already. i thought i saw this play first in the case interp. then they fixed it and removed it. maybe not.