Thread: By The Book ...
View Single Post
Old Sat Dec 13, 2014, 08:26am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCat View Post
as a test question i dont think it is correct. the team is to provide you with name and number of each "team member." team member is defined somewhere in the book as a player, in uniform, eligible to play.

technically speaking you may have to wait until they show up to add them to the book and then assess the T. i would have done what you did....
So if a team has two vans transporting the kids to a school and the coach/manager arrives in one of them 15 minutes before the scheduled tip-off and submits the roster and then learns that the other van got a flat tire and won't arrive until two minutes before the scheduled start time, are you saying that all of the names of the kids in the second van must have their names removed?
1. That's absurd. 2. There is no rule requiring that.

I had a JV game last week in which a kid forgot his jersey at home, so a parent went back to get it. He warmed up in a t-shirt and was listed in the book as normal with his jersey number. He simply didn't participate until after his parent arrived with his jersey. Now since he wasn't "in uniform" do you believe that he wasn't a team member at the beginning of that contest? He most certainly is a member of the team.