View Single Post
Old Wed Dec 10, 2014, 01:10am
Official Forum Member

Add-on Discussion to Sleeves

Had this situation in a G-V game.

After the captains meeting where both coaches acknowledged that their players were properly/legally uniformed, I notice A1 wearing white padded leg sleeves and A2/A3 Wearing Black padded leg sleeves. I notify A-Coach and tell him someone needs to take off their sleeves, as they all have to match. He proceeds to tell me that the A1 sleeve is really a "brace" and is ok to wear. I tell him that a sleeve is not a brace and someone has to take their sleeves off to match. End of conversation. I relay the conversation to the R.

During player introductions, A-Coach approaches the R and asks about the sleeve rule. R says the same thing and that players will not be allowed to play unless they all match colors. End of conversation

A-Coach sends his 5 starters to the court to begin the game, including A1,A2,A3.
The R wacks the coach for illegal uniforms and not having his players legally equipped.

Game starts with FTs, A-Coach approaches R and states that if he would have known he would have been T'd, he would have made them change.

During the FTs for the T, A2/A3 remove their sleeves and are ready to play when we inbound the ball.

So, was the T warranted or should we have held up the game to allow the players to remove sleeves etc?

Thoughts/comments?