View Single Post
Old Mon Dec 08, 2014, 06:12pm
Official Forum Member

Do Over or Not to Do Over

I know we have discussed the "do over" on this forum before, but I am having no luck finding it using the search function.

The do over I'm talking about, in particular, is on a throw in and the clock doesn't start. You realize it once ball has been dribbled to 1/2 court. No knowledge of time to take off, where do you inbound the ball?

I believe I'm correct in that the ball is put in play at mid court, which is where it was when play was stopped. Several people suggested that you go back to baseline. I tried to look in case book and rule book. Couldn't find anything. I seem to recall a specific directive in NCAA-W a few years ago that specifically addressed this and that is why we were discussing it on the forum. Any help???

All case plays in this years book do not address (5.10.2 is closest, but there is a count and definite knowledge).

Edited to add: This would be specific to an end of game situation with less than 10 seconds remaining. This was not a play that occured, but came about in our discussion.

Last edited by Texref; Mon Dec 08, 2014 at 06:51pm.