View Single Post
Old Fri Dec 05, 2014, 01:21pm
I Bleed Crimson

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRutledge View Post
When you have diversity in all situations, it is harder for those to claim much anything about who they are dealing with. When you don't, you open the door up for things like this being said.

I do not care about how many were on one game. I care about who you have for all the games. I would not be surprised that there was probably not a entirely African-American crew on this school's schedule. And if they did, how many times did that take place. Why does that matter? It matters to help eliminate any assumption of bias or inappropriate behavior with the participants. Just like people complain about where we live and who we are bias against based on where we live, we can do the same with make-up of the crew. Just like in the news with the issues with police, many of the outcries change if you have a diversity in the work force. If you don't, then you will have these issues being raised over and over and over again.

Peace
In other words, attitudes. There's no evidence of actual different treatment, only an "assumption of bias or inappropriate behavior." Sending an all African-American crew to one or even all Douglass's games would do nothing to address those attitudes other than to justify them.