View Single Post
Old Thu Dec 04, 2014, 10:53am
This IS My Social Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich View Post
I'm not suspending anything. The rule *allows* a change in starter for an illegal shirt -- it does NOT forbid me from giving 30 seconds to a minute for a player to change the shirt.

It would take longer to explain the rule to the coach and require new starters and get them properly marked in the book for me to let the kid(s) change out of the illegal shirts.

Sometimes it's better for you and for the game to put a little oil on that wheel.
I'm all for tactful application of petroleum product to expedite the process and get on to all the non-fashion police aspects of the game.
I'm also aware that there are two specific coaches in our area, each adept at the rules, who would make this an issue if we granted the leeway I'd probably otherwise give with other coaches who could care less.
Therefore I'd hesitate to make a blanket policy to cover my setting aside a rule. Sometimes? Perhaps. Always? Um, no.
And no, I don't tend to be an O.O.O. Just hate it for the phone to ring and it being my assigner on the other end. Cuz his first question is gonna be, "Can I support your decision by rule?"
Then again, not such a big deal, cuz we'll probably catch it during warmups anyway.

Last edited by Freddy; Thu Dec 04, 2014 at 11:42am.