View Single Post
Old Mon Nov 24, 2014, 10:29pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FMadera View Post
Wow. So much bad here.

The R2 could have handled a lot of this way better. There's no reason for the captain to have had to go back and forth if the R2 could have explained things better.

It looks like the R1 handled everything relatively appropriately. I would *not* have gone straight to DQ when she popped a squat on the floor, but I think the red would have come out sooner.

I also think the libero contrast on the team on the right is horrible, but that's another thread.
Now, with the comments said, here is what I know additionally about this situation, both from the R1 and from others who know the coach who was DQ'ed.

First, the R2 was a newer official who was working one of his first few Varsity matches. He learned a lot from this experience and will use it in the future.

Second, that is the last match coached by the coach. She was relieved of her duties immediately after the match.

Third, multiple reports say she went and hid under the bleachers after she was asked to leave.

Now, my opinion. I may have gone straight to the red and yellow cards following the sitting down on the floor antics. That was an obvious attempt to show up the officials in this situation. In my opinion the idea of sitting down on the court like that constitutes a major unsportsmanlike violation. The question is does 1 minor and 1 major equal a red and yellow or a red. The book says first minor is a yellow, first major is a red or second minor is a red. I think I would have been inclined to go with red and yellow.