Thread: Gender Wars....
View Single Post
Old Sat Nov 22, 2014, 10:09am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam View Post
The school didn't say it in the meeting. The schools still maintain plausible deniability. Frankly, if one must do business with people like this to stay in business, it's probably not worth the headache. You can't trust them.
I'm assuming the schools voted on and hired the commissioner. When he speaks and when he acts he is them. --Which is why you don't want to hire knuckleheads to represent you. Nothing is ever as clear/cut and dry in these situations.

What I imagine the schools would say is "our commissioner, he's a little round ( as in not sharp). We sent him there to say we needed better officials for our games..don't send us officials who aren't up to job...." Commissioner may say I meant don't send any official including those women because they are not up to job. Not because of being a woman...

May come down to whether the women in the association are competent--and if somebody decides to take it on.

I guess what I would like to think is that if a school or group of schools said "don't send BigCat, because we just don't want cats,"- someone in my association, my association as a group, would stand up for me. try to help me. One for all all for one sort of deal....
I've never been a fan of "every man for himself."