Thread: Gender Wars....
View Single Post
Old Thu Nov 20, 2014, 11:47am
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich View Post
I would not hesitate to assign women to a game. And a coach telling me this would get a response of "are you serious?" followed by a crew of three women.

And yes, I assign varsity basketball for 20 schools. With women on staff that work boys games.
And that is fine and how it should be, but because of how many women get college opportunties, it is really a matter of availablity as anything. I just spoke with one of my female officiating friends and she could give a darn about HS games. And when she does work, she almost does not know the diffferences. As you have seen here, those that work Women's college basketball often think highly of their level and seem to think everything is done correctly at that level. So if those do not make themselves available. And when the check is greater and the opportunity is more realistic, at least here they do not stick around to work those levels very long. But I would work with a good woman official over a bad male official any day. And I also think many of them do not want the hassel of what it can bring either. And yes, it would be somewhat of a hassel for them if they are already coming into a situation with those attitudes of females working those games.

Peace