View Single Post
Old Sat Nov 15, 2014, 09:14pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRutledge View Post
I still have not gotten an answer yet to this question. Are these regular games or game like situations cloaked in a pre-season event? Because a scrimmage here is a inter-squad contest which is often very informal and not very heated. The only time I have ever thought of giving a T in any of these type of games, was as a gag that the coaches were in on the gag. I cannot even imagine a coach getting that upset over any call. And if they got upset, a T would not come to mind.

Also, some pay. Others do not. And usually we bring multiple officials to them so the guys can work and get to see ball they normally might not see. We use these as training opportunities more than anything. That is why I cannot understand a coach getting that upset over all call.

Peace
\

Our scrimmages are not paid. Mandated to do at least 1 and they are assigned. They are with 2 or maybe 3 schools. No fouls counted. If we shoot FTs at all, it will be 1 shot on a shooting foul. Do not keep score. 4 officials rotating in. 6 quarters.