View Single Post
Old Thu Nov 13, 2014, 03:00pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pantherdreams View Post
I agree.

We however do a lot of 2 man games and if a team wants to prevent a stack then the rules are encouraging them to compete during dead balls. Do you just let this happen and start calling techs and unsportsmanlikes when it happens?

I can tell them to cool it but if one coach says I want to run a stack and one says I want my kids to get to the spot first so they can't basically you are getting live play during dead balls.

Setting up situations where we know more unsportsmanlikes and t's are going to need to be called and making it difficult to report to the table and confer with partners seems like poor game management . . . I've refered this on to our assignor and artibter.
Pantherdreams,

Maybe others have different perspective but i just havnt seen this rise to the level you are describing. if players are trying to get in the stack i would tell them they are not allowed. if they continue to fight…penalize. again, the defender who tries to continually bump and stay in front of the offense during a dead ball---talk to him. if he doesn't stop it you will need to penalize. players will listen to the whistle--or have to sit down.

i would urge you to try talking, then penalizing rather than letting the defense in. the offense is going to run stack plays. they should. under the basket those are scoring plays. many wouldn't/won't work if you let the defense in. when you do that you are changing the rules and favoring the defense. good luck to you.