View Single Post
Old Thu Nov 13, 2014, 02:51pm
Keeper of the HAMMER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pantherdreams View Post
I agree.

We however do a lot of 2 man games and if a team wants to prevent a stack then the rules are encouraging them to compete during dead balls. Do you just let this happen and start calling techs and unsportsmanlikes when it happens?

I can tell them to cool it but if one coach says I want to run a stack and one says I want my kids to get to the spot first so they can't basically you are getting live play during dead balls.

Setting up situations where we know more unsportsmanlikes and t's are going to need to be called and making it difficult to report to the table and confer with partners seems like poor game management . . . I've refered this on to our assignor and artibter.
It seems to me there are ways of addressing this without telling a team to stop doing what they're allowed to because the other team can't follow the rules.

Offense starts setting up their stack, if the defense gets there first, they can have it. If the offense then moves their stack two feet to the right and gets their first, they can have it. If the defense horns in and moves the offense from the stack, call the dead ball intentional contact technical foul. It'll stop real fast.