Thread: Lane Violations
View Single Post
Old Sat Nov 01, 2014, 10:03am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freddy View Post
Half an answer to OP questions: References for this question are 9-1-3d,e,g and 9.1COMMENT.

Just a quick question. This is an innocent question -- not intended to be critical or harsh. Do you have a current rulebook and casebook? If so, I was just wondering why you'd be unable to find references relevant to this question. Is it because this exact "spin move" is not mentioned anywhere in the rulebook or casebook? Or don't you have books? And if you don't have books, why ask for the rulebook a casebook references? Just wonderin'. Trying to increase in understanding. Curious, that's all. Really.
Just a quick reply......just curious, isn't this a 'learning' board where we as officials can collaborate and share questions/answers on rules and situations. Folks who level 'judgement' on others as far as having possession of rule books and membership implications have nothing better to do....if this makes you feel better - go for it !

Now for the real answer - I appreciate others who have directed me to the correct area of the Rule book ( and I quote ) - (Rule 9. Rule 1 Art 3.g) '....No player shall enter a marked lane space OR leave a marked lane space by contacting the court outside the 36-inch by 36-inch space until the ball is released..'

This then answers the question that the 'spin move' is legal as long as the player leaves the marked lane space AFTER the ball is released !

Many Thanks for the reference !