Thread: Bad Partner
View Single Post
Old Fri Oct 31, 2014, 11:06am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetMetFan View Post
If, somehow, you get the partner on board with this the explanation should be, "Coaches, there was an inadvertent whistle. Black/Blue will have the throw-in and be able to run the end line." Saying the count started incorrectly isn't true. Two people may have been counting but that's a different issue.
Interesting point. I guess I was thinking of it more like "bringing information to my partner" and my partner changes the call based on this information rather than an inadvertant whistle (e.g. Parter, I'm 100% certain that the ball was not available to the thrower when you started your count -- I think this needs to be changed to Black/Blue ball).

But you're right. There should have not been a whistle, so it was in fact inadvertant. That said, I think the coaches are going to want more of an explaination and I think the best approach would be "the 5 second count was started incorrectly, and as a result, we have an inadvertant whistle ..."

Of course this is all assuming the partner goes with this, and if he doesn't trust you to make your own 5 second call, I doubt he's going to trust you when you say the call needs to be changed.