View Single Post
Old Sun Oct 12, 2014, 02:46am
Official Forum Member

Question "Warm-up" pitches for potentially injured F1

Tonight I worked a college fall ball game, and the pitcher tweaked her knee covering home after a passed ball. Coach came out to see if she was OK, and it took her at least a half dozen trial pitches to decide she was good to go.

I was PU. Even though this was fall ball, it was the highest level of ball I have worked (D1 school vs JuCo), and I was doubting myself a bit on the tiny details, which unfortunately is my normal reaction to games that test my umpiring ability. After the game I was looking for rule support for throwing as many as she did. Does NCAA rule 10.19.6 means she can throw as many as she needs? If not, where should we draw the line? After the fourth or fifth one, I wanted to get the game moving again.

Quote:
10.19.6: The pitcher shall be given adequate time to warm up after any substantial delay caused by inclement weather, injury or delayed play by the umpire.
I am posting here because I forgot to post-game this with my partners.