View Single Post
Old Wed Sep 24, 2014, 02:37pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark T. DeNucci, Sr. View Post
The amazing thing is that this foul is committed by male players and not female players. I cannot remember the last time I had to talk to a female player about this type of contact.

MTD, Sr.
*If there are any female readers/participants on this forum, I do NOT mean to sound "sexist" when I make this comment: but in general I have observed that the female players are more fundamentally-sound and less concerned with concocting rule-bending behaviors/ploys to create offensive and/or defensive advantages. I've observed that they really 'talk" and communcate on defense telling their team-mates when screens are coming, they slide their feet on defense better, maintain defensive stance better, and the such. However, I have noticed that when they shoot jumpshots, many female shooters tend to take that little 'hop' step before they attempt a shot--ostensibly to "gather" themselves before the shot. Hmmmm, whether by definition this is a "travel" violation or not, it is never called by officials--male nor female officials in both nfhs, collegiate, and wnba levels as I have observed.