View Single Post
Old Wed Sep 24, 2014, 11:18am
AremRed

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinP View Post
The negative responses that are posted on here are the exact reason I never post. Many new refs with valid questions are getting slammed and embarrassed. In our D2 mens meeting this weekend, it was said, dont forget where you came from, thank the one(s) that got you to where you are now and help the new guy/gals.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam View Post
One relatively negative response, and that response was (correctly, I think) summarily dismissed. And quite frankly, THAT response was really minor compared to anything you'll find on the court, even from some partners who are trying to be helpful.

I had considered simply deleting that response, but decided against it and use it to offer encouragement to the OP.
My "negative" response was not to slam OP for asking a simple question; I was a new official here a couple years ago, was slammed a little (gently), and would not want to pass that on to anyone. I was simply curious about why this question seems to come up so often (a couple threads on it this year), but my post's tone came off harsher than I intended.

As the mods can attest, I am not in a habit of shaming those who ask questions and welcome any questions you might have in the future KevinP!