View Single Post
Old Sun Sep 07, 2014, 04:28pm
Esteemed Forum Member

Get It Right ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by just another ref View Post
I'm not that concerned about the problems of the coach, the athletic director, or even the assignor. I'm interested in getting it right.
Don't you think that they, like you, and me, want the situation to be handled correctly.

Quote:
Where did I say it was okay for any member of bench personnel to enter during a live ball regardless of his past or future status as a player?
You never said that is was okay. You implied that you would not penalize under 10-1-9 because all the players (the fifth was bench personnel) did, in reality, come out at the same time. I assumed that you would penalize for some other unsporting reason. The uncontersted layup line was for dramatic effect and I apologize for that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PG_Ref View Post
NFHS: 10-1 ART. 9 A team shall not: Fail to have all players return to the court at approximately the same time following a time-out or intermission.
Quote:
A player is one of five team members who are legally on the court at any given time ..If B5 does not enter the court, he isn't a player. So the 4 on the court in this case are all the players
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)

Last edited by BillyMac; Sun Sep 07, 2014 at 04:50pm.