View Single Post
Old Sun Sep 07, 2014, 03:09pm
Esteemed Forum Member

Goose And Gander ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by just another ref View Post
During, After ... Do you not understand the difference?
Do you not understand that I'm using the definition of a player during a timeout to see how a player is defined after the timeout? As far as I know, that definition doesn't change because the timeout ends (although the situation changes if it's an intermission, and it ends).

If said person is a player during a timeout, then that person should be considered a player after a timeout, unless a substitution, or a disqualification, occurs, even when they're sitting on the bench. Also, 3-3-1-A-Note tells us that said person is also player after an intermission (although not during the intermission).[/QUOTE]

Do you still defend this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by just another ref View Post
A player is one of five team members who are legally on the court at any given time ... If B5 does not enter the court, he isn't a player..
If B5 was a player before the timeout, he was a player during the timeout, and he was a player after the time out, unless he was substituted for, or was disqualified, whether he's sitting on the bench, or playing the game within the boundaries of the playing court.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetMetFan View Post
I can see where this can/would cause confusion. According to 3-3-3 there are only two ways a player ceases being a player:

*after (their) substitute becomes a player
*after notification of the coach following (their) disqualification

No one substituted for B5 so their "player" status never ended.
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)

Last edited by BillyMac; Sun Sep 07, 2014 at 03:22pm.