Thread: Numbering Rule
View Single Post
Old Fri Sep 05, 2014, 09:33am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeRoy View Post
That is what I think also. Since they are bringing in the jersey between downs after the play, Let's say that RFP has already started - Can the player take his helmet off to put on the jersey? Can the jersey be modified to just slip over the helmet?
If it's between plays, and he can accomplish that while the ball is dead, get himself equipped and dressed properly, I'd say have at it.

That said, outside of Clark Kent, I don't think there's a player that can get helmet off / jersey off / jersey on / helmet on / mouth guard in / lined up properly within the maybe 30 or so seconds you maybe have total between the ball being spotted and the 25 second play clock winding. Maybe I'm wrong, but most kids I see can barely get a helmet off for a split second to adjust a pad or whatever it is and get it back on and snapped upped in that time. Modifying a jersey is a risky venture in a lot of ways, and if you cut the neck opening to increase the size, that jersey will be a shredded rag after 4 or 5 times of this kid getting tackled, if I had to guess.

This sounds like WAY too much trouble than it's worth...I will just assume this team is VERY, VERY thin on numbers?

Last edited by Sturno; Fri Sep 05, 2014 at 09:40am.