View Single Post
Old Thu Jul 03, 2003, 04:44am
Official Forum Member

Thanks for clarification on that. I just hadn't seen anywhere that a KICK was to be considered intentional under OBR, even when unintentional.

I simply can't see penalizing the offense on an errant throw by a fielder which is inadvertantly kicked.

You are correct when you stated:

"OBR 2.00(d) is about spectator interference. There is NO OBR 2.00 (e). The comment at the end of OBR 2.00 following point (d) would normally be referenced as OBR 2.00 Interference, Comment or OBR 2.00 Interference, End Note. That comment is a misleading statement because the ball is NOT automatically dead on any interference. Unintentional interference by persons entitled to be on the playing field, including coaches, is one specific exception". End Quote

I was referencing my 2003 LL Rule Book, and under 2.00 (e) it is shown as an individual ruling. But under MLB OBR it is shown as (d) and shown as part of the spectator interference ruling.

I have a question if I may which I posted on another thread.

Is there a delayed dead ball in OBR?

There is on obstruction 7.06 (b)
but I saw no other situation in the rule book where the ball would be delayed dead on interference.

I been calling under FED rules for 3 years and am now calling under LL rules. There are many differences and seem to get rules mixed up from time to time.

That's my excuse and I'm sticking with it.

Looking forward to your replies.