View Single Post
Old Mon Jun 16, 2014, 03:52pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pantherdreams View Post
I've got a charge in slow motion and in real time.

Not sure what you have got that I don't. Her feet are down. Her body and contact to it happen inside the space she is legally occupying.

She can stand there and do the hula so long as she's in LGP and the contact doesn't occur outside of the vertical space she's entitled to.

There is no requirement that her chest/torso be stationary. Just inside the space she's legally entitled to and that's determined by her feet? Am I missing something?
While we can certainly disagree on this specific case (I had a block in real time and am even more convinced by the slow-mo), I do think you are also missing something.

The feet being down is not all that is required. The body is only legal if and when it is over the feet and not moving toward the opponent at the time of contact. The requirements on the feet are only momentary and only one of the requirements for LGP. The requirements on the body are constant. The defender can't be moving toward the opponent when contact occurs. And that is referring to the part of the defender that contacts the opponent....the torso.

She must get the body over the feet before she has that position and must stop all forward movement. If she is still moving forward with the torso, she is not yet in that space. Otherwise, a player could extend their feet out to the side/front/etc. to claim the space and bring their body in later.