View Single Post
Old Mon Jun 16, 2014, 02:10pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Multiple Sports View Post
Hate when I have to agree with you....on both accounts !!!!

As to th double whistle, somebody said earlier that they were ok with it becasuse it was a secondary defender.......Hogwash !!! Look where the secondary defender comes from. If you agree that the L whistle is OK, then he must be refereeing that girl the entire play. She comes from the C"s primary. That girl didn't come from his area anyway there are players in his area....TRUST YOUR PARTNER !!!!
It was I that noted that I'd be okay with the whistle by the Lead. And I added that it's best that the C take the call.
The Lead had just crossed the key, the contact/foul was in the key, and he immediately dropped his arm when he realized that C had the call.
Had he waited just a fraction longer, such that, if the C had a whistle, as she did, he would not have needed to blow his. And then, if she didn't, his whistle would be regarded as a good get, for the sake of the crew.
Teaching, and learning, good cadence, especially on secondary areas/whistles is not a basic skill, for many officials. I have a feeling that a supervisor for this crew most likely would mention this play in that context. As you said, "trust your partner(s)."