View Single Post
Old Sun Jun 15, 2014, 02:35pm
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bainsey View Post
Is there anyone who can find a fundamental, factual flaw within this instruction?
The flaw is that it appears someone is teach something that really has nothing to do with anything. Part of our job is to communicate so that wer are understood. If we say every color that it possibly could be, we will confuse people right or wrong. We only have two colors to announce or use. One is white the other is a darker color. I see no point in trying to be so specific when the reality is that most colors are not easily identified. And what do you do with someone that is color blind? There are people that cannot easily identify what specific color a jersey might be. I do understand that some want to be very specific, but this part of our communication does not need to be that specific or we do not explain every call. No one in my career has ever complained that I called them black, red or gold when they were a different color as far as I can remember. They usually figure out what color we are identifying and that is after all the only issue.

For one we do not go and report fouls and tell exactly what a player did, most just say a "push" or "hold" without much detail. I do not find it a necessity to do otherwise with a color we might say only for an out of bounds purpose or telling a scorer which team we actually called a foul on.

Peace