View Single Post
Old Wed May 14, 2014, 12:22pm
sp279

Cecil....LoL, oh yeah....she knew what she was doing; you phrased it more succinctly.

Manny
, get what you're saying but I was going with 10c of that rule which in this situation was more applicable than 10d. She was trying to get to and throw the ball home. In c it needs no intent and d I always reserved for the i.e.- runner running into the fielder about to make a play or throw. In my case, it was the fielder trying to get the ball to attempt a throw (home) and couldn't do it because of the interference. It was USSSA rules by the way, anyway; that said look under 8-18-F & G. Essentially same wording as PIAA.
Honestly, I never liked the "Intentional" part in the interference section. I don't like having to decipher what someone is thinking in their head to make that call. Seen too many plays where things looked inadvertent and ones where it was obvious they were meaning to freight train someone. Honestly would like it better if it just said "interferes" with a fielder or thrown ball. Just my opinion.

Dakota- Which runner are you referring to; the one who slide in at second or the one who had been on first and was heading home? Regardless, though you are right about INTERFERENCE, DEAD BALL; it was the third out and ended the game after I called the interference anyway. The runner on first after I called the interference was just about to round third for home.