View Single Post
Old Wed May 14, 2014, 10:05am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sp279 View Post
Two things I'm double checking myself on.....

1. Batter squares to bunt against a hard throwing pitcher. Obvious attempt. But she gets hit. I know it's a strike, but this girl is pretty hurting but at the same time the ball is still live with runners on base now moving. To include one about to round third to go home where B is on her knees right in the base path at home. Not a good situation...just interested in what you'all would do. Right or wrong I called the strike, then an injury time out which of course stopped all runners. Oh yeah, even HER coach was mad I did that with her girls still moving. Opinions?
No further comment beyond what Andy wrote.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sp279 View Post
2. Close game in runs. Runner on first and second. Girl hits to OF, slides into
2nd with a throw (called safe). Girl who was on second base rounds third and goes home...the one who was at first is now between 2nd and third (she hesitated to make sure she didn't need a tag up at 1st). The girl who slid at second has the ball under her, makes no attempt to move or get up while the
2nd baseman is desperately trying to reach through her legs, under her legs to get the ball but can't get the ball. She easily would have had at least a chance to make a throw to where ever that runner was going....which ended up being home. By the time the ball was dislodged all runners had scored. Keep in mind it was a good 4-5 seconds this ball was sat on. There were already two outs and both those runs made it a 1 run game (offensive team behind). That said, I called the base runner at second sitting on the ball out after the 2nd baseman finally got the ball out for interference. Offensive coach went ballistic as it ended the game (was last half of last inning, they were home) and they lost by one run. Opinions?
No comment on the interference call... you saw it, you judged it. My comment is where were the runners when the interference occurred? Interference is a dead ball, with runners returning to the last base occupied at the time of the interference. Not that is made any difference in the outcome of this game...

Last edited by Dakota; Wed May 14, 2014 at 01:31pm.