View Single Post
Old Fri May 09, 2014, 08:52am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharpshooternes View Post
I have been focusing on really seeing what's happens with arms and picking up illegal arm contact. A trick or two that I have learned is to watch the defender's arm. If it doesn't get as high as the ball the contact is most likely illegal arm contact. Hand to hand contact after the ball is released and isn't excessive ( basically a high five) is nothing. Contact on the forearm or elbow while the shooter still has the ball is illegal is a foul. I was kind of focusing on these things and saw the defender hit the shooter ( or vice versa) on the forearm.

The defender in retrospect didn't do anything wrong and I should have no called it. Thanks for putting into words what I was thinking.
All that you're looking for there as far as point of contact and the shot is good (and I would suggest to keep doing that), but we still have to referee the defense and ascertain whether the defense has a legal position or not.
Chaos isn't a pit. Chaos is a ladder. Many who try to climb it fail and never get to try again. The fall breaks them. And some, given a chance to climb, they refuse. They cling to the realm, or the gods, or love. Illusions.

Only the ladder is real. The climb is all there is.