View Single Post
Old Tue May 06, 2014, 06:57pm
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IUgrad92 View Post
I've worked a handful of games requiring recognition of a TV camera cord when transitioning on the endline as L. I've had a handful of games that had tight sidelines due to team benches, fan bleachers, cheerleaders, etc. Each game you make mental notes of your court surroundings and adjust. I don't think that's anything out of the norm???

Crawford probably deals with these court scenarios night in and night out, year in and year out, which would suggest that this goof up is even more of a head-scratcher, than say if it happened to you or I, since we seldom have to deal with this, JMO.
I had a player run into me one time when he took an unusual angle I was not expecting a few years ago. I have on video of a play where I came out onto the floor as the Trail and the ball was stolen and I was on the inside part of the court and let players pass me. These things happen and it is not a felony or major professional faux pas. Heck there was an official that got involved in the play and got knocked out of bounds in the NBA this season. I bet you were not going around telling everyone here how this was unacceptable or why this official was involved in that situation.

Peace