View Single Post
Old Sun Apr 27, 2014, 08:00am
This IS My Social Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadNewsRef View Post
I am working games in a national girls Nike tournament being played locally.

It seems that all the girls have been give "Karate Kid" looking Nike headbands with long loose ends. Yesterday, in all 3 games I worked, I had the girls remove them while in the game. IMO, the ends of the headbands are safety hazards because they could poke someone in the eye.

Agree/disagree with my actions? Nothing in 3-5 specifically addresses this type of item, but the rule (or case play) does say the prohibited list is not all inclusive.
Skylar Diggins I think popularized these "flying tails" style head thingies. Several years ago I insisted they take 'em off. Couldn't come up with a reason that 3" of cloth was any sort of a safety issue, so they seem to be universally allowed around here now. Never had any sort of item at the ends that would poke anything out. With the lack of any specific rule that I can find (am always open to learning if I'm missing something), I don't consider it an issue to bite off. As a fad, it will fade in time, only to be replaced by something else equally as unnecessary.
Anyone else allow or forbid these?

Last edited by Freddy; Sun Apr 27, 2014 at 09:16am.