View Single Post
Old Mon Jun 30, 2003, 08:47am
Official Forum Member

I know I posted this one on eteam can't remember if I put them here.

1) Play at plate (ball on the way, ends up there 1/2 second after runner touches plate) Runner comes in standing and touches back part of plate no contact, I get the "she's got to slide" routine.

2) Same situation put R1 at 3rd batter hits to pitcher who makes play at 1st R1 off with the throw. Again catcher infront of plate, runner is way early at plate but throw is off line and catcher moves into R1 as she has just touched the plate (note ball almost hits me in right hand box extended) Coach comes out of dugout insisting I call her out as there was contact. After a good talk he decides it's time to get to the dugout.

3) THIS is the best. Hit to deep right field, I am BU move into infield and follow runner to third. At second ss is standing on outside of 2nd with heal barely touching outside of base waiting for throw from outfield. Runner touches inside corner, never breaks stride never even knew ss was there. Now all is good and as ball gets to pitcher I start to my position, I hear "Blue, if there is no play at second my runner gets 6 feet." I say "What??" trying not to laugh. He repeats, "Ya, if there is no play we get 6 feet." I was laughing on the inside the rest of the game!!