Thread: Arbiter Mandate
View Single Post
Old Fri Apr 04, 2014, 04:29pm
Esteemed Forum Member

I Can Sleep At Night ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by just another ref View Post
I suppose your point is that you claim a mileage deduction from home to the game site regardless of whether you actually drove from home. Is this legal?
I'm a chemist, not an accountant. For convenience, and simplicity reasons, not for purposes of cheating, I pull my mileage off of Arbiter, and double it. 75% of the time I actually do go home, for all of my Catholic middle school games, and many of my high school games. In some cases I will drive by my house on my way to a high school game without actually stopping by the house (to save time). I don't include my mileage to, and from, meetings, just my games. It comes close to evening out in the end, and I can sleep at night. I claim every single penny that I earn, cash, checks, high schools, Catholic middle schools. I pay both state, and federal, income taxes, and Social Security taxes. I'm not sure many basketball officials can make the last two statements with an straight face, at least here in my little corner of Connecticut. I tell guys around here that I pay taxes on my officiating income and they look at me like I'm from Mars.

"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)

Last edited by BillyMac; Fri Apr 04, 2014 at 04:45pm.